Tuesday 20 November 2012

Presentation and evaluation

The presentation today was lovely, it was really nice to hear everyone's journeys throughout the project.  Unfortunately I feel I could have done a lot better. I'm not sure if it was because I have such an emotional connection to the work but it certainly gave me plenty of food for thought and highlighted skills and areas I need to work on.

When I was first put into TD4F I was really nervous about it, I was worried my work wouldn't suit this pathway. I quickly realised this area was an excellent place to start my journey on the course and the brief would give me a good foundation for my future practice. Julie Haslam is an amazing tutor and has given us so much support and guidance sharing her extensive knowledge and experience in this textile world. The main things I will take with me is to plan and organise my time more efficiently, draw, draw and research even more. Most of all enjoy what I am doing and approach every challenge as an opportunity to learn. Well done to all the lovely girls I have had such a pleasure working with and alongside.

No comments:

Post a Comment