Tuesday 20 November 2012

Graffiti bubble Ben / Digital prints

Using the photographs I took of the bubbles in front of my graffiti piece, I cut out individual bubbles and used them to fill one of my silhouettes. This took rather a long time, maybe I should have just used a few bubbles , resizing them to get the same effect. 



I used a single bubble to create the background in this piece
experimenting with Photoshop tools






This idea was used to create the repeat pattern below which I went on to use as a background 




I liked this design but felt it was too bold for my collection



playing around with the images in photoshop I came up with loads of different pattern ideas. These are just a few of them. I have discovered that with just a couple of elements the possibilities are endless. The only thing is I spent far too long using just a couple of elements and for a collection I should have really used more, I had loads more ideas but didn't leave enough time to explore them properly which leads to repetition. This is the main thing I will take with me to the next project, I will plan and manage my time better and make sure that I expand on my concept as much as possible so not to repeat elements too much. Having a good range of designs to choose from is not a bad thing but not at the sacrifice of the rest of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment